Do you LOVE sewing? Create this small heart quick and fun heart paper piecing pattern! Not sure how to paper piece? There’s a video tutorial showing how below. Once you’ve mastered the art of paper piecing, create this little wall hanging by creating 3 squares and joining them together.
⇢Pin it here!
⇢Find all Sewing Crafts here!
Below you can find written directions and a video tutorial on how to create the 6″ heart block. Check out how to turn 3 blocks into a wall hanging below all instructions. Looking for more paper piecing patterns? Check out the Ball of Yarn Paper Piecing Pattern here. Happy Sewing!
Love video tutorials? Subscribe to the Crystalized Designs YouTube Channel!
Download the Small Heart Paper Piecing Template
Helpful tools for this pattern:
- Cotton Fabric of choice
- Sewing Machine
- Sewing Thread
- Scissors and/or Rotary Cutter
- Cutting Mat
- Add A Quarter Ruler/Ruler of choice
- Pins and/or Clips
- Iron or Heat Press such as the Cricut Easy Press 2
- Optional: Cardstock (for folding)
- Optional: Scotch Tape (for errors)
- This pattern makes a 6″ square. Once sections are complete, square should measure 6.5″ with the .25″ seam allowance border.
- Basic paper piecing knowledge needed. Find a paper piecing tutorial here.
- ¼” seam allowance (shown by faded border along each piece).
- There are 6 sections to this piece.
- Use pins to check point connections from one side to the other, clips to hold pieces in place.
- Trim fabric around sections after completed.
- 5 x 11″ paper
- Print Borderless
- Also, print pattern pieces using actual size, do not scale to fit
- Print single sided
- Yardage below for 3 blocks:
You are free to sell your work from this pattern but may not share, copy or reproduce this pattern, in part or in whole. Photographs are copyright protected and may not be used. When selling your work, include a link back to this pattern as well as the following, “Pattern by Crystalized Designs”
Once individual paper piece are cut out, sew pieces in numerical order (piece 1 wrong side of fabric to wrong side of paper, additional pieces right sides of fabric together). Trim access fabric as close to seam allowance line as possible. Sew sections with right sides together.
Press after attaching each piece. Piece section A to B. Set aside.
Press after each attachment. Piece section G to F.
Then piece to section A. Set aside.
Press after each attachment. Piece section C to D.
Then piece D to section E.
With first piece, piece A to C, D, and E. (Faded area shows previously attached.)
Create the 7”x20” wall hanging following guide below:
(Basic quilting knowledge required)
Yardage for entire wall hanging listed below:
Yardage for backing and batting listed below:
To create Small Heart Table Topper Quilt, make 3 heart squares. Rotary cuts are as follows:
- Two 7.5” x 2” (Top and Bottom of Wall Hanging)
- Two 19.5” x 2” (Both Sides of Wall Hanging
- Two 6.5” x 1” (Between Heart Squares in Middle
- Sew middle cuts between top and middle
- Then, sew side cuts on both sides
- Lastly, sew top and bottom cuts
- Add batting
- Sew backing
Optional: Add hanging loops with extra
Fabric or ribbon
More About Crystalized Designs
Making one, or many ? I’d certainly love to see! Post any pictures to the Crystalized Designs Facebook Page or join the Crystalized Designs Facebook Group and post on the wall! Posting pictures may win you free patterns. Enjoyed this heart paper piecing pattern? Leave a comment below!
Above all, thank you for visiting. I hope you enjoyed the pattern! Leave a comment below and again, I would love to see any pictures! Also, you can find me on Facebook, in my Facebook Group, or Instagram! I’d love for you to share on Pinterest! I’d be happy to follow you back on any social media, just leave a link below! However, if you want to see something from Crystalized Designs, I’m interested to hear! Feel free to email me with any suggestions. Therefore, you can email me at [email protected] or use the contact form.
Posts may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you click and purchase items through these links. This enables Crystalized Design to bring you even more free patterns!