Looking for a quick project to do with kids? Have a Seedling to Sapling Growth Chart and want to get the children involved? Check out this birds nest plate craft, with little birds!
This project can be split up if working with a large group of children with some doing birds and a few others doing nests. Also, find other quick crafts for the Seedling to Sapling Growth Chart here.
⇢Pin it here!
⇢Check out FREE Crystalized Designs patterns here!
Bird’s Nest Plate Craft
- Paper or Styrofoam Plate
- Brown Cardstock or Brown Paper Bags
- Pom Poms
- Yellow Cardstock
- Googly Eyes
- Glue or Stapler with Staples
- Brown Paint (optional)
How to Make the Bird’s Nest Plate Craft
- If you want the plate painted brown, do this first. Paint the back side of the paper plate. Let it dry completely before continuing.
- Cut the plate in half.
- Glue or staple edges of plate together with the right sides of plate together. This forms a pocket.
- Glue scrap brown paper on one side of the nest.
- Set aside to dry.
How to Make the Little Birds
- Cut a tiny triangle out of the yellow paper.
- Choose a pom pom and add three drops of glue to it where you want the eyes and beak.
- Add the items where the glue is.
- Allow to dry completely.
Once everything is dry, glue or place birds in nest!
More About Crystalized Designs
Making one, or many ? I’d certainly love to see! Post any pictures to the Crystalized Designs Facebook Page or join the Crystalized Designs Facebook Group and post on the wall! Posting pictures may win you free patterns. Enjoyed this bird’s nest plate craft? Leave a comment below!
Above all, thank you for visiting. I hope you enjoyed the pattern! Leave a comment below and again, I would love to see any pictures! Also, you can find me on Facebook, in my Facebook Group, or Instagram! I’d love for you to share on Pinterest! I’d be happy to follow you back on any social media, just leave a link below! However, if you want to see something from Crystalized Designs, I’m interested to hear! Feel free to email me with any suggestions. Therefore, you can email me at [email protected] or use the contact form.
Posts may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you click and purchase items through these links. This enables Crystalized Design to bring you even more free patterns!